Based in London, this hugely recognisable company is one of Europe's largest investment managers, have a current need for a Corporate Tax Accountant.
The Corporate Tax Accountant will:
* Assist with the timely delivery of the Group's quarterly consolidated results under US GAAP, statutory reports under IFRS & "local GAAP" and preparation of other materials released to market.
* Assist with the corporate tax compliance of the UK sub-group.
* Assist the Global tax team to provide corporate tax related support to the UK and international business units in delivering their plans, including support on funding, structuring, M&A activity, transfer pricing and tax risk management.
* Assist the Global tax team in delivering a successful integration and seamless merger with a major brand.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Group financial reporting
* Preparation of quarterly tax provision workings under US GAAP, statutory reporting under IFRS and "local GAAP" for the UK sub-group and assist with the explanation of the divisional tax profile, variances to forecast, key tax risks, ETR outcomes and tax disclosures.
* Work closely with the London and US team to ensure a smooth consolidation of the Group's tax reporting results.
* Assist with the management of tax accounts for various entities, including reconciliations and explanations.
* Assist with the Group's transition to a single global Finance Platform and preparation for the Group's SOX compliance readiness.
Corporate tax - compliance, planning and ad hoc
* Preparation and finalisation of UK corporate income tax returns; assist with the management of cash tax payments, claims & elections, group relief, interest deductibility and HMRC enquiries.
* Support the London team with the effective management of the corporate tax profile of the Group's UK companies which would require identification, analysis, assessment and recommending possible actions arising from potential corporate tax impact associated with transactions and corporate activities undertaken by the Group and the changing landscape of the tax environment.
* Provide tax technical and project support for ad hoc corporate or business related project work including UK and offshore business development, corporate transactions, corporate restructure following the merger of two firms and numerous integration projects and initiatives.
* Identify opportunities and recommend steps to improve and maintain tax efficiency and effectiveness of the Group's operations.
* Assist as needed in overseeing the tax compliance of international entities which is out-sourced to external advisers.
Technical Skills & Qualifications Required
* Detailed and practical compliance and reporting knowledge a must
* US GAAP, IFRS, and SOX reporting knowledge desirable
* Degree or equivalent qualification
* Accountancy and/or tax qualification or near completion of such study
* Solid grounding in UK corporate tax a must
* Working knowledge of SAP and Alphatax desirable
* Attention to detail is essential
* Self-motivated, proactive and a clear focus on quality of delivery
* A natural forward planner with excellent research, analytical and numeracy skills
* Ability to challenge information/data and outcomes