Assistant Tax Manager, Borehamwood
£ Highly competitive package
At Sopher + Co we make it our business to understand and add value to our clients personal and business affairs whilst building a lasting relationship based on trust and mutual respect. That’s why so many of prestigious clients in the world of entertainment, media, music and show business recommend us year after year.
We’re immensely proud of our roots and maintain a family business approach in everything we do. Our valued employees create the best results, regardless of the client size or location. Every member of our team is prepared to go the extra mile, displaying levels of enthusiasm that cannot be matched by more conventional firms.
About your next role
We’re expanding, which means we have an excellent opportunity for an Assistant Tax Manager. The role offers variety, autonomy and the opportunity to work with an incredibly broad range of clients.
Our business is geared towards providing not only Accountancy and Taxation services but a consultancy based service to support High Net Worth clients, Entrepreneurs and Trusts through the lifecycle of their business.
Duties will include
• Managing the annual tax return process for a portfolio of approximately 350 clients including individuals, partnerships and some trusts
• Reviewing tax returns and accompanying workings as drafted by junior staff
• Completing complex personal tax returns
• Supervising junior members of staff with an active role in the annual staff appraisal process
• Managing the process of dealing with enquiries raised by HMRC and involvement in the more challenging cases
• Demonstrating a strong technical knowledge of tax legislation and practice
• Taking ownership for financial management of your portfolio, WIP management, billing targets and cash collection.
• Face to face interactions with clients to strengthen business relationships
You will be CTA qualified having experience of at least one year/tax season of reviewing tax returns as an Assistant Manager. You will have strong communication and interpersonal skills. You all also have/be
• The ability to self-manage and work autonomously
• Strong MS office skills, particularly Excel
• Ideally have worked with CCH and virtual cabinet
• The ability to work with prestigious clients who require complete confidentiality
Sopher + Co is committed to the principle of equality of opportunity in employment and we expect all our employees to act in accordance with this policy, we recognise the key role it plays in the success of our business