Leading leisure group recruiting a permanent Part Time Tax Manager role. Based in London.
Your new company
Leading leisure group with UK and International operations.
Your new role
This role is part of a plan which is focussing on developing the groups finance capability to better support the business. As part of this goal my client is seeking a Tax Manager to join the central finance team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the position will be based in the Central London office and will be a hands-on role, focused on providing all areas of tax support.
As Tax Manager your responsibilities will be to act as the primary individual in the central finance team for all tax matters (across the full range of taxes). Your key relationships will be with PwC (external providers); HMRC; Parent Company finance and tax colleagues based overseas; local finance teams - providing first line support on all tax queries; and Central functions - tax advice for transactions.
* CT: Manage the UK tax compliance and provisioning process, with support as appropriate from PwC, and provide some support to the overseas tax compliance and provisioning process;
* VAT: Preparation and/or review and submission of VAT returns for UK group, and third party owners;
* PAYE/NI: Review monthly calculations, and liaise with senior exec's to coordinate approval;
* Tax planning: Manage tax planning/structuring projects, coordinating with PwC local finance teams;
* Tax forecasting: Co-ordinate tax budgeting, forecasting process and quarterly payment assessments;
* Carbon taxes: Manage compliance process and provide necessary data to external consultants;
* Transfer pricing: Liaise with the legal team to ensure all inter-company agreements are compliant from a tax perspective;
* Income tax returns: Prepare income tax returns for non-resident landlord property companies;
* SAO and tax risk: Responsible for maintaining the tax risk control framework, regular SAO testing and presentation to the SAO officer for annual compliance sign off; and
* Adhoc project work, including review of capital allowances process, assisting overseas entity liquidation
* Collation and submission of TAS,PSA and share option returns
* Advise on tax implications of business transactions
What you'll need to succeed
Desired Skills and Experience:
* ACA, CTA or equivalent qualification with excellent academics
* 3+ years Post Qualification Experience in tax, ideally in Industry (although not essential)
* Prior experience in tax strategy implementation, planning support and project management will be advantageous
* Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
* Proactive, resourceful and hands-on with good initiative
* Strong IT Skills, including MS Excel (advanced)
What you'll get in return
Great opportunity to work in a growing brand
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.