A market leading Insurance Broker is currently recruiting a Tax Reporting and Compliance Manager to join their team in London. The UK Tax team is responsible for ensuring that the UK tax affairs of the business are tax efficient whilst at the same time compliant with all UK tax legislation. The Tax Manager is responsible for tax reporting and ensuring UK tax compliance within the Reporting & Compliance team of the Tax department.
Key responsibilities will involve:
* Prepare data for UK and applicable international financial reporting purposes for large trading company (under IFRS and US GAAP) and address associated audit issues
* Prepare UK and applicable international tax compliance information/returns for large trading company
* Upon request, providing support to the UK Tax Director in the development, implementation and monitoring of tax planning
* Provide advice on withholding tax queries to the business and assist with related withholding tax forms
* Identify and implement improvements to internal processes and controls
* Build and maintain positive relationships with tax authorities and other relevant external parties, as well as internal stakeholders such as Controllership, offshore shared service teams and the wider Global Tax team
* Provide accurate and timely technical support to other business units
* Keep technical knowledge up to date and share developments across the UK team where relevant
* Maintain personal and professional development
Experience, Knowledge & Skills:
* Experience in UK corporation tax compliance and reporting
* Qualified Accountant (ACA or equivalent) and/or qualified tax advisor (CTA or equivalent).
* Some withholding tax and CFC experience desirable
* Strong knowledge of IFRS tax accounting required
* Prepared to meet a challenge and with a track record of managing change, results driven and delivering process improvements.
* Skilled communicator within and across disciplines.
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.