Provides input into all tax advisory project requirements as well as a proactive, professional and high quality tax service to the Group that minimises tax risk and maximises available tax value within the overall tax risk management framework.
* Assist in providing tax advice to the Group to ensure the tax issues of the Group are understood and minimised where possible.
* Gain a detailed understanding of all the Group and business issues and consider the tax issues arising. All tax advice is to be provided in line with the Group tax policy and should be commercially driven at all times.
* Working closely with other functions, provide tax input into acquisitions, disposals and any other business initiative that are being considered. Liaise effectively with external advisors as relevant.
* Conduct proactive and reactive tax planning on an ongoing basis. Evaluate implementation of relevant tax initiatives. Review and monitor the Group's effective tax rate and other tax attributes relative to peer group
* Maintain an appropriate tax risk management framework for relevant/allocated risks consistent with the Group's risk management processes. This will include ensuring that all corporation tax risks are identified and regularly monitored, tax risk assessments are conducted for new businesses and processes, appropriate controls exist to effectively manage identified tax risks, and relevant issues are escalated appropriately.
* Monitor any changes to tax legislation and consider the impact on the Group. Working with the Tax Compliance and Reporting Manager, manage the implementation of any relevant changes.
* In depth tax knowledge, both at a technical and practical level
* Financial services experience advantageous but not required
* Proactively identifies issues and opportunities
* Makes recommendations, takes decisions and consults appropriately
* Strong people management skills
* Ability to manage relationships at all levels
The next step:
Please contact Paul Kempton to have a confidential discussion about this opportunity.