Position: Group Tax Accountant – maternity cover
Reports to: Group Tax Manager
Varied role with a primary focus on UK tax compliance and group reporting but with the opportunity to assist with international tax returns, tax audits, and ad hoc tax projects that may arise.
Working with the Tax team to manage the UK Group’s Corporate Tax, Tax Reporting and VAT affairs duties will include:
- Preparing corporation tax returns for UK group companies for submission to HMRC.
- Liaising with HMRC as appropriate to ensure compliance matters are dealt with effectively.
- Business partnering with various operational departments across the business to ensure tax aspects of commercial projects have been considered appropriately.
- Preparation of R&D tax claims.
- Preparation of year-end/interim tax provisions and disclosures for the consolidated financial statements as well as the statutory accounts.
- Preparing quarterly UK VAT returns.
- Assisting with preparation and maintenance of transfer pricing documentation. Support the team with strategic planning and management of the Group transfer pricing policy.
- Assisting with ad hoc tax projects.
Required skills and experience
ACA or CTA qualified (ideally 2-3 years post qualified)
Why work at Just Eat?
We have been on an incredible journey over the last 15 years, one which we are really proud of. Following our IPO in 2014, Just Eat is now well established as one of the most successful, innovative and high growth technology companies in Europe, with year-on-year order growth of over 50%. Just Eat is the clear global leader in the online takeaway ordering sector – processing millions of orders across 12 major markets, with a clear #1 position in all of these.
We have achieved this by building a growing network of over 63,000 restaurant partners and continuing to commit major investment into our technology platform, our brand and our people. Just Eat is now firmly established as one of the UK’s leading consumer brands, we are all about choice and are helping the nation ‘find your flavour' as we embark on creating the world's greatest food community.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Globally we have 2500 Just Eaters. They embody our values: Make Happy, Razor Sharp and Big Hearted. We truly believe it’s the people that make Just Eat the great company it is. We have an incredibly open culture. We’re about making everyone feel comfortable, sharing ideas and trying out new things.