Our client is a leading retail group which is headquartered in Scotland, due to expansion the business seeks an experienced tax professional to help it develop its Tax Policy/Tax Strategy and processes. This role would suit a qualified tax specialist (ICAS, ACA, CTA or equivalent) with proven experience of dealing with large UK corporate groups. It is likely that you will have had some previous in-house experience. Day to day this role involves:
• Creation of a Tax Policy for the Group and associated processes. Including advising on the publishing of the new tax strategy together with key aspects of the government’s ‘Business Tax Roadmap’ and how this is going to affect the UK group.
• Communication with the business and finance professionals to help embed the Tax Policy within the business.
• Tax support and due diligence on transactions including timely integration of all tax matters arising from acquisitions.
• Tax support to the Procurement Team on ascertaining VAT ratings for new products and service lines.
• Working alongside the Group Tax Manager to improve compliance and tax reporting processes.
• Advice to the business on capital allowances and other property related tax issues.
• Managing the Senior Accounting Officer documentation, including working with relevant teams in the business in the preparation and subsequent review of high risk areas before presentation to Chief Financial Officer.
• Review of the UK transfer pricing position and related documentation.
• Building relationships within the business and with external advisors.
• Supporting the Payroll and HR Departments with tax technical advice they need on employment issues.
• Support for the legal team on tax issues arising from contracts.
• Advising on tax matters of the current developments and plans of the company together with impending tax legislation.
This is an all round tax role which would suit an experienced senior manager who has a background in corporate tax and who has developed broader experience of other taxes such as VAT. There is scope for development in the position and the Group is expanding and is at an exciting time in its development.