The Rational Group (the “Group”), a part of the Amaya Inc, is a global leader in online gaming and operates the largest and most popular poker brands in the world, including PokerStars and Full Tilt. This role is in the Group’s London service office, in the Tax department.
The Tax Manager (Compliance and Reporting) will assist in managing a small team and helping with their professional and technical development. They will focus on ensuring the timely and accurate completion of the Group’s tax compliance and financial statement tax reporting obligations, oversee the provision of tax guidance to relevant business teams, as well as providing support to the Director of Tax in respect of tax advisory and other tax related projects.
The role provides an excellent opportunity for someone to “own” the tax compliance and tax reporting function, ensuring that it operates effectively and is considered as a highly valued part of the division’s overall finance function. If the Tax Manager is based in London they will be required to visit the Group’s headquarters in the Isle of Man on a monthly basis for meetings with the central Finance and other teams.
- Managing the division’s tax compliance and tax reporting obligations, including; Gaming taxes, Indirect Tax on Gaming, Corporate Tax and Indirect Tax.
- Ensuring tax balances are correctly reflected in monthly/quarterly reports divisional management accounts.
- Working with the Finance team, as regards the reporting of taxes.
- Helping ensure that the compliance and reporting activity is conducted in compliance with tax controls.
- Preparing analysis and briefings for divisional management in respect to tax issues and for Amaya Group finance team.
- Ad hoc assistance to the group Tax team on various projects and issues, as they arise.
- Participation in internal tax training as well as regular attendance at external tax briefings and seminars.
- Dealing with related tax authority audits and queries.
- Liaison and managing external advisors.
Skills and Capabilities
- Qualified tax professional or accounting qualifications, with a minimum of 5 years’ experience, of which 2 years relates to managing a tax compliance function.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Proven ability to take ownership of a project from conception to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability and flexibility to work well under tight deadlines and multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time appropriately and wisely in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Positive attitude in stressful situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships across departments.
- Collaborative team player with the ability to foster good working relationships.
- Prior experience in the gaming sector is an advantage, but not essential.
- Knowledge of the online gaming industry.
If the Tax Manager is based in London they will be required to visit the Group’s headquarters in the Isle of Man on a monthly basis for meetings with the central Finance and other teams.
- Focus on the customer
- Work as a team
- Strive for excellence
- Have courage
- Show passion