The Rational Group (the “Group”), a part of the Amaya Inc, is a global leader in online gaming and operates the largest and most popular poker brands in the world, including PokerStars and Full Tilt. This role is in the Group’s London service office, in the Tax department.
The Rational Group tax team is responsible for the tax issues for the entire Amaya Inc group. The Associate Director, Group Tax will be a vital part of the team reporting to the Director of Tax and leading a small team.
The role will have a good profile within the Group and will be required to develop a reputation as a senior tax professional able to efficiently manage tax processes and provide strong commercial tax advice.
· Sign off of tax reporting and compliance, managing the tax reporting and compliance team.
· Transfer pricing planning (including PE risk review, advice re the location of group staff and teams), working closely with advisors to proactively manage risks.
· Transfer pricing compliance (including “master” and “country” files and CBCR issues).
· Management of tax audits and enquires.
· Supporting the Tax Director with other tax issues and projects, including M&A, business development projects, structuring, financing, and various business function related tax issues.
· Tax input into group commercial contracts to ensure that they take account of tax issues and do not exposure the Group to unnecessary tax costs/risks.
· Be a key contact point for the various business teams, to help them deal with their tax related issues and queries.
· Help in mitigating the Group’s tax risks by preparing guidance and recommendations to Group management and/or business teams.
· Keep up to date with tax issues and changes in relevant territories
· Assist with other group tax issues, as required
Skills and Capabilities
· Qualified tax professional with 7 or more years post qualified experience
· Good transfer pricing and PE risk knowledge and experience, and fully conversant with changes arising due to BEPS.
· Experienced at efficiently reviewing and approving tax computations and returns
· Solid grounding in corporate tax issues, including international tax issues.
· Good understanding of indirect tax issues
· Able to provide commercial, understandable and implementable tax advice
· Experience of managing teams, supporting and aiding their development
· Well organised, able to manage competing issues
· Confident, with good communication skills, and able to readily gain the confidence of the business teams and Group management
Desirable, but not essential
· Experience of gaming taxes.
· Focus on the customer
· Work as a team
· Strive for excellence
· Have courage
· Show passion
What we offer:
- Amazing office in the heart of the West End.
- Industry leading training and development
- Discretionary Bonus scheme
- Personal Interest allowance helping you pursue your extra-curricular interests
- Free fruit, snacks and drinks ;)
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Bike to work scheme
- Regular social events
- Onsite massages
- Onsite Yoga
- Study Support
- Pool and Foosball tables
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Travel Insurance
- Annual Health Assessment
- Online Discount Scheme (My Perks) & Local Business Discounts
- Staff Poker Tournaments