Our Client is an award winning and entrepreneurial firm of Chartered Accountants and Tax Advisors who are based in the Guildford area of Surrey. They typically work with a wide range of clients across London and the South East to include Limited companies, Groups and Partnerships.
They have an interesting opportunity for a Forensic Executive and the role will encompass expert witness and advisory work on commercial disputes and fraud investigations through to matrimonial and personal injury cases.
The ideal candidate will be ACA or ACCA exam-qualified although strong candidates nearing completion of their studies and newly qualified accountants may also be considered. Previous corporate finance or forensic accounting experience is beneficial but more importantly the candidate should show an understanding of forensic accounting work and a strong desire to work in this field.
Working with a highly respected forensic team you will be expected to:
* Conduct industry research and accounts analysis for inclusion in presentations and reports
* Prepare reports on the valuation of company shares and businesses
* Prepare calculations of losses incurred in the context of commercial disputes
* Undertake asset tracing investigations where there have been allegations of fraud
* Produce financial forecasts and models
* Prepare for and participate in client meetings and conference calls
* Attend networking events with clients and intermediaries
* Ability to quickly establish strong working relationships with both clients and colleagues alike
* Sound technical knowledge with the ability to think laterally and show initiative in unstructured situations
* Confident interacting with all levels of client staff and team members
* Strong communication skills – written and verbal
* Good analytical skills, experience of financial modelling an advantage
* Team player, enthusiastic and proactive attitude required to deliver to tight deadlines
* Ability to be flexible in approach and manage a variety of tasks effectively
* Strong adherence to ethical principles, particularly in relation to the confidential nature of much of the work
The firm offers a competitive salary, a great benefits package and work-life balance. The role would suit an individual coming from a London firm who wants to step out into Surrey but still work with some high level clients - or perhaps you work more locally but seek a more varied role with increased autonomy.
Fletcher George is a Financial Recruitment specialist. Please note due to the high volume of responses Fletcher George can only respond to relevant candidates for this role and aims to do so within a 48 hour time scale.