We are seeking an individual with initiative who will quickly get to grips with the responsibilities of the role, its tax technical aspects and be a good fit with the friendly team.
The primary focus will be to assist the Tax Principal with corporate tax compliance reviews and group reporting responsibilities, helping to ensure deadlines are met, tax payments are managed and progressed, and withholding tax certificates are obtained in good time. It involves working closely with the Sabre accountants and external advisors both in the UK and across EMEA and building collaborative relationships. Specific knowledge of country tax rules is not required but a keenness to understand and learn the differences year on year is essential.
• First level review of all corporate tax returns and production of the necessary Excel workbooks to support our SOX process requirements. This includes analysing relevant information to identify material differences and finding explanations for those.
• Inputting tax data into OneSource tax reporting software for tax provision computations (including current tax and deferred tax entries) and tax account breakdowns, taking responsibility to understand the details behind those computations and tax movements
• Reviewing and arranging all UK and EMEA cash tax payments for 40+ entities, working with internal accountants, external advisors and the Accounts Payable team to ensure all such payments are made and recorded
• Preparing monthly and rest-of-year tax cash forecasts and analysing and reporting movements on tax accounts
• Maintaining, monitoring and reconciling all current and deferred tax accounts on a monthly basis, including preparation of Excel workbooks with supporting evidence for all account movements.
• Ensuring that all tasks are signed off on the tax process management system and supporting documentation is uploaded and records complete
• Monitoring, preparing and obtaining withholding tax declarations and certificates across EMEA
• 2+ years Corporate Tax experience
• Preferably a tax and/ or accounting qualification (ACCA, ATT, ACA, CTA etc.)
• Good knowledge of basic accounting theory and experience of applying it in practice including the use of accounting systems (eg SAP) and the extraction of data from those systems
• Ideally, experience of working with OneSource or a similar tax package
• Strong competence in use of Excel spreadsheets and functionality
• Able to demonstrate the core Sabre values of integrity, teamwork and ownership of results
• Good time management and organisation skills
• Ability to quickly build relationships and trust with tax and accounting colleagues in the UK and Europe
• Able to manage work load independently
• Good verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate tax issues to non tax people
• Attention to detail – a desire to get it right first time
The EMEA Tax team
The Sabre EMEA tax team is located in Richmond (next to the station) and has responsibility for tax planning and compliance in approximately 30 countries across EMEA as well as providing information to the US tax team for reporting requirements. There are five people in the team; 3 corporation tax, 1 VAT and the Senior Tax Director who reports to the global VP Taxes based in Dallas in the US.