At Grant Thornton we're driven by a purpose of building a vibrant economy, based on trust and integrity in markets, dynamic businesses, and communities where businesses and people thrive. We’ve created our own unique culture – one that offers the opportunities of a major organisation in a personal, close-knit environment and that's built around shared enterprise.
Be inspired. Be challenged. Be yourself. Here. You can.
A global spotlight is shining on tax like never before. More than ever, our clients need to have assurance that they are paying the right amount of tax while ensuring their stakeholders have a positive perception of their business. In a world of increasingly complex tax legislation, they also need to know how the rules affect them. At Grant Thornton we help our clients turn their challenges to their advantage.
• you'll be responsible for planning and performing tax consultancy assignments
• you'll deal with a wide range of technical issues and client situations
• you'll act as a first point of contact on specific projects for any queries from the business
• you'll demonstrate sufficient technical knowledge to supervise relevant areas of work
Who we're looking for:
The Assistant Business Manager plays a central role within the Tax department within Grant Thornton UK LLP.
You'll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
You'll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
You'll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
You'll present solutions to increasingly complex technical issues, demonstrate excellent technical knowledge within your own service area to develop solutions to complex issues, whilst managing a team in demanding assignments.
You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
Education, experience and qualifications:
• you'll be professionally qualified ATT/ CTA/ ACA/ ACCA or equivalent
• you'll have sound technical knowledge
• you'll have post qualification experience and related tax consultancy experience