Top 20 accountancy firm seeks a qualified (ACA, CTA, ICAS, ACCA or equivalent) senior manager for wide ranging East Midlands based role. You will oversee the corporate tax compliance process for the practice and will be involved in advisory work. You will be actively involved in marketing the business and will work closely with other senior team members in other departments to help run the office. Day to day your role will involve:
• Actively managing client relationships.
• Overseeing the provision of a high quality corporate tax compliance service
• Review of more technical corporate tax and deferred tax computations prepared by the Tax team
• Review of company accounts for tax provision purposes and recommendation of statutory taxation disclosure
• Liaising with managers, senior managers and partners in audit to facilitate a strong interaction between the departments and smooth flow of work.
• Providing technical and tax planning advice to clients across all areas of tax, working as necessary with specialists.
• Development of the Nottingham Tax team to enable them to become involved in advisory work.
• Dealing with ad hoc client advisory and planning issues within the Owner Managed Business sector in collaboration with more junior or senior members of the team as appropriate.
• Involvement in written negotiations with HMRC on enquiries and clearance applications
• Development of new advisory work through strong client relationships with the existing client base or new contacts.
• Working with the wider UK and International Tax specialists to provide a local point of contact for clients across all tax matters
• Maintaining an up to date technical knowledge of corporation and business tax, financial reporting requirements and related matters
• Supporting the personal development and coaching of staff in the Tax team
• Management and appraisal responsibilities for staff in the Tax team.
• Active involvement in business development in the East Midlands.
• Active development of own personal business network
• Providing support to the Office’s business development effort to help win new clients and ensure the continued growth of the office
• Be involved in presenting at local tax seminars run by the firm and networking with attendees.
The ideal candidate will already have experience of dealing with owner managed businesses and will be delighted with the opportunity to help run a tax team. This is a great local position in a international firm. You will need proven UK tax experience. Excellent benefits package including bonus.