Qualified Accountant? Want to do something outside of the ordinary within the industry?
If you have qualified as an Accountant in the last three years and want to do something different in the industry then this is the opportunity for you.
My client are a top ranked practice firm and have, in recent years, put a key focus on developing technology and software that eases the accounting process for their clients. Due to this, they have created a number of different software packages, focused on streamlining Corporate Tax, VAT Partial Exemption, Transfer Pricing, Employee Expatriation and Statutory Accounting.
They have recently created a new client service team in Birmingham, to support an already award winning London based team, and are now seeking enthusiastic individuals who are keen to progress and place key focus on client relationships.
The role will involve:
- Meeting with new clients (generated by an external sales team) to discuss their accounting practices and what they would require from the software.
- Liasing with an internal software development team to ensure that clients receive a piece of software tailored to their needs
- Attending client site to manage the implementation of the software and assist with problem solving.
- Training client staff in relation to the use of the software and how it will streamline their processes.
- Remotely managing a portfolio of clients across different industries and locations to ensure that relationships are maintained.
- Managing more junior staff, in terms of workload and performance, and providing training juniors to ensure efficient progression.
- Assisting with business development initiatives and pitches to prospective clients (optional).
In order to be considered you will need to be:
- UK qualified (ACA/ ACCA/ ICAS/ CTA or equivalent) within the last three years
- Experienced in accounts preparation and/ or audit
- Personable and confident with clients and happy to present training to one or more people
- Able to communicate all all levels both internally and externally
- Keen to progress into management
- Keen to have a direct impact on the direction and growth of the team
The team are highly approachable and friendly and full training will be provided in relation to the software and the role itself.
Extensive IT skills are not required, though good understanding of accounting packages and Microsoft office is beneficial.