EMEA Tax Manager
£Competitive + Pension + Benefits + Disc. Bonus
A rarely available opportunity has arisen for an experienced Corporate Tax Manager to join the dedicated Tax function of this international financial services company with a strong presence in Glasgow as EMEA Tax Manager
As the EMEA Tax Manager in the Firm Compliance & Planning group (FCP Tax) you will manage a team of specialists responsible for all direct tax returns and audits in the EMEA region together with involvement in internal restructures, Firm acquisitions and Business Unit structures that are on the Firm’s Balance Sheet.
The key aim of the FCP Tax Team is to support global direct tax reporting, compliance and technical analysis by effectively managing compliance with income and indirect tax filings, and monitoring tax regulations and legislation. In addition, the team calculates reports and discloses all of the Firm's tax-related expenses. The department also plans and manages the Firm's domestic and international tax strategies and advises Firm management and business units on business products, location and structure.
• The review of quarterly provisioning, corporate income tax returns, tax payment calculations and disclosures in financial statements.
• Ownership for the preparation of quarterly effective tax rate reporting numbers, as well as the yearend tax provision process both for US GAAP group reporting and for UK GAAP/ European GAAP individual company reporting.
• Preparation of UK tax returns and review of EMEA tax returns (prepared by advisors)
• UK corporate income tax return process, including ixbrl requirements and e-filing using ‘Alphatax’.
• US Federal Annual Tax reporting (5471)
• Management of ad hoc tax projects and processes
Skills & qualifications required:
• Qualified ACCA/CA accountant or ATT/CTA qualified with experience of working in UK corporation tax within either practice or industry
• A strong knowledge of UK tax issues and practical UK tax compliance experience is required
• Comprehensive knowledge of ‘Alphatax’ corporate tax software is essential
• Experience of managing and motivating others either as part of a direct or virtual team
• Applicants should have a record of managing a portfolio of deliverables and meeting tight deadlines
• Must have the ability to think critically and self-review
• Should challenge accepted processes, and suggest alternative solutions
• Strong control focus while maintaining a high level of client service
• Self-motivated, with a desire to succeed and develop professionally and personally
• Ability to multi-task in fast-paced environment and be a team player
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office
• Experience of US GAAP and the US tax system is advantageous but not essential