Our client is a well regarded, long standing independent accountancy firm. This practice seeks someone to run the tax department. This includes oversight of compliance and assisting partners with a range of advisory work including transaction support and all round advice to owner managers and businesses. Ideally you will be ACA or CTA qualified and will have experience of running tax teams. Day to day your role will involve.
• Oversee various compliance processes for a mix of private clients, entrepreneurs, companies, partnerships and sole-traders.
• Clients include some large corporates and HNW individuals.
• Manage a team of staff – including recruitment, on the job training, appraisals etc.
• Get involved in trust work (previous experience not necessary, though an advantage).
• Be actively involved in business development, working alongside partners to win new work.
• Be involved in a wide range of tax planning from corporate structuring, due diligence on transactions and to assist clients with capital taxes and IHT planning.
• Networking – you will be expected to have/build a network of contacts in the local market.
It is likely that you will be a qualified tax professional (ICAS, ACA, CTA or equivalent) with proven UK tax experience. You may have a mixed tax background or may be more corporate tax focused but happy to develop your skillset and take on private client work. There is support within the team for the private client and trust work.
There is also clear potential for promotion.
This is a really interesting opportunity in a great practice with great long term prospects.