Our client is the Employment Tax Team of a Big 4 firm. They seek a manager level candidate to work in Central Belt. This team specialises in advising clients on UK PAYE, NIC and International Social Security related issues thereby assisting clients in terms of compliance with relevant legislation and in the design of policies which deliver benefits for the employee and manage the cost to the employer.
As part of the team you would have the opportunity to work on a wide client portfolio and have exposure to numerous technical issues through both advisory and compliance projects.
Your responsibilities as a Tax Manager
* Build and maintain key tax relationships with clients and provide high levels of client service
* Assist in winning work by proactively managing existing clients and contribute to winning new clients.
* Manage the successful delivery of tax projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical/business driven approach taken
* Advise clients on core PAYE and NIC issues linked to compliance needs as well as advising clients on one off projects such as salary sacrifice, company cars, STBVs, due diligences, disclosures, Construction Industry Scheme, employment status etc
* Keep clients up to date on key legislative changes and the impact this will have on their business
* Delegating to junior members of staff and assisting with their learning and development
Skills and Experience you'll need as a Tax Manager
* Experience of working in employment tax, dealing with compliance issues and providing technical advice
* Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
* A strategic and commercial awareness of wide business issues
* An enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
* The ability to be a strong and motivated team player
* The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
* Any of the following qualifications: ATT / ACA / CA / CTA (or breadth of knowledge equivalent to CTA)
For further information and a more detailed job spec contact Georgiana Head