Our client is a large international accountancy practice. They seek an indirect tax manager to join their Newcastle office. You will need proven UK indirect tax experience gained in a large practice, HMRC or in industry. In this role you will deal with a wide range of industry sectors and will be actively involved in business development.
Day to day you will need
* Commercial awareness. This may be gained through specific industry knowledge or through managing a number of clients in various industries.
* Ability to demonstrate strong analytical skills
* Flair for negotiating with VAT authorities in order to get the best result for your client.
* Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
* Excellent project management skills.
Ideally you will be CTA qualified with experience of managing more junior staff.