Your new company
A reputable and growing Accountancy Practice, serving a diverse range of clients across various industries. The firm prides itself on delivering exceptional financial services and building long-term relationships with their clients. We are currently seeking a highly motivated and experienced Practice Accountant to join our dynamic team.
Position Overview: As a Practice Accountant, you will play a key role in providing comprehensive accounting and tax services to our clients. You will be responsible for managing client accounts, preparing financial statements, conducting tax planning, and offering valuable financial advice.
Your new role
* Client Accounting: Manage a portfolio of client accounts, ensuring accurate and timely recording of financial transactions, maintaining general ledgers, and reconciling accounts.
* Financial Reporting: Prepare year-end financial statements, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements, in compliance with accounting standards and regulations.
* Taxation Services: Assist clients with tax planning, preparation, and compliance, including VAT returns, corporation tax returns, and personal tax returns.
* Financial Analysis: Analyze client financial data, identify trends, and provide insights to clients to help them make informed business decisions.
* Business Advisory: Offer proactive financial advice and recommendations to clients, assisting them in improving profitability, managing cash flow, and achieving their financial goals.
* Liaison with Authorities: Interact with tax authorities and regulatory bodies on behalf of clients, ensuring compliance and resolving any queries or issues that may arise.
* Client Relationship Management: Build strong, long-lasting relationships with clients, serving as their primary point of contact for accounting and financial matters.
* Team Collaboration: Collaborate with colleagues and partners within the firm, sharing knowledge and expertise to deliver high-quality services and exceed client expectations.
* Stay Updated: Keep abreast of changes in accounting regulations, tax laws, and industry best practices, ensuring compliance and continuously enhancing professional knowledge and skills.
* Process Improvement: Identify opportunities to streamline accounting processes and implement efficient systems and tools to enhance service delivery and client satisfaction.
What you\'ll need to succeed
* Qualified or part-qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, or equivalent).
* Proven experience working in an Accountancy Practice or similar role, with a strong focus on client accounting and taxation services.
* Sound knowledge of accounting principles, tax regulations, and relevant software applications (e.g., Xero, QuickBooks, or similar).
* Proficiency in preparing financial statements and conducting financial analysis.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain client relationships effectively.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team, managing multiple client engagements simultaneously.
* High level of professionalism, integrity, and ethical standards.
What you\'ll get in return
* Competitive salary within the range of £30,000 to £45,000, depending on experience and qualifications.
* 25 days of annual leave, in addition to bank holidays.
* Private healthcare.
* Pension scheme.
* Opportunities for professional development and career advancement.
* Supportive and collaborative work environment within a reputable Accountancy Practice.
What you need to do now
If you\'re interested in this role, click \'apply now\' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn\'t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.