Leading investment management firm looking for a VAT Analyst on a 6m FTC to help with a finance transformation
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The purpose of the role is to ensure accurate and complete VAT and GST returns are prepared and submitted for entities in EMEA and APAC. The role will also help improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our core processes and controls related to VAT.
* Prepares monthly/quarterly VAT/GST returns for EMEA (UK, Luxembourg, Italy, Denmark), APAC (Singapore, Australia, Japan) and Canada.
* Ensure all key VAT accounts are reconciled ensuring any adjustments are posted.
* Assist liaising with tax authorities and VAT consultants for data inquiries and VAT audits and working with the wider financial reporting group for monthly VAT allowance and forecasting needs.
* Assist with leading the development of a new VAT process and system.
* Help drive technology improvements to VAT process and controls.
* Supporting MTD implementation.
* Assist finance colleagues with day-to-day VAT related questions.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
* Understanding of international VAT/GST compliance
* Strong Excel skill
* Knowledge of an ERP system (Oracle R12/Cloud preferred)
* Strong communication and numeracy skills
* Strong organisational skills
* Eye for detail
* Accounting qualifications: Part qualified or qualified (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is helpful but not essential
What you'll need to succeed
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.