Corporate Tax Manager job, top 10, London, permanent, flexible working
Your new company
This top 10 accountancy firm's National Corporate Tax Service Line works with clients across a broad range of business types and sectors, from owner-managed businesses and middle market organisations to large multinational groups. They manage their tax affairs on the compliance side whilst also acting as expert advisors when planning matters arise. The latter includes, but is not exclusive to, due diligence, transactions and restructuring, as well as innovation reliefs.
They are looking to enhance their team further with the addition of a Tax Manager who is looking for an environment where they will have the opportunity to accelerate their knowledge, skills and development in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team, working with lots of fantastic clients along the way.
Your new role
* Managing relationships and acting as the main point of contact for clients.
* Liaising with the client throughout the year, practising the principles of excellent client service at all times.
* Ensuring the clients' tax affairs comply with statutory requirements and managing compliance work efficiently.
* Identifying and advising on tax planning opportunities and undertaking specialist technical assignments as required.
* Managing assignments in accordance with the firm's standard procedures and confirming arrangements with the client, including likely costs, billing arrangements and ensuring the work meets targeted recovery.
* Researching and supporting the preparation of proposals for new work and taking part in formal presentations to prospective clients.
* Being actively involved in business development activities and client seminars, with effective follow up.
* Ensuring appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments and all potential client needs are identified and serviced accordingly.
* Developing a detailed knowledge of the firm's specialist services and undertaking special work in response to client needs where appropriate.
* Maintaining an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses and fulfilling professional bodies' CPD requirements.
* Acting as a line manager for staff, including taking an active role in their development including "on the job" training where necessary and appraisals.
* Briefing junior staff on clients and pre-assignment instructions, as well as supervising and controlling the completion of work.
* Attending staff meetings and training as required.
* Maintaining an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
* Carrying out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any Partner.
What you'll need to succeed
Skills and Experience:
* ACA qualified (or equivalent).
* CTA qualified preferred, or proven tax advisory experience.
* Experience of a client or customer facing role.
* Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
* Proven experience of, and interest in, business development and converting relationships into fee paying work.
* Previous experience operating at Assistant Manager, Manager or a similar role is required.
* Solid corporate tax experience and effective team leadership skills, with an interest in and/or aptitude for business development.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available as well as other benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.