Tax Accountant required for this global insurance broker. Reports into the Group Tax Manager. Scope to progress
Your new role
This newly created Tax Accountant role will assist the Group Tax Manager in all aspects of tax compliance to ensure timely and accurate submissions to the tax authorities.
The role will provide support on month end reporting tasks in line with the Finance Teams monthly reporting timetable. Business as usual tasks will include:
* Preparing UK corporation tax returns & computations (including CIR calculations and group relief claims & surrenders) for all on going UK entities
* Preparing quarterly instalment payments
* Preparing quarterly UK VAT returns
* Preparing the annual PSA calculation
* Preparing the STBV reporting to HMRC
* Preparing the current and deferred tax calculations for ongoing UK entities to form part of the wider group consolidation
* Preparing the UK current, deferred and tax disclosures notes for financial statements
* Preparing schedules for US tax compliance as requested by external advisors
* Attending webinars and keeping up to date with UK and worldwide tax developments.
Project work:- Assisting the Group Tax Manager on projects such as updating VAT PESM, SAO & CCO documentation
What you'll need to succeed
Good knowledge of UK tax compliance Ability to interpret data and use systems Working knowledge of GL systems Knowledge of corporation tax software (TCSL Alphatax or OneSource) Qualified or Part qualified CTA/ACA/ACCA To ensure Tax Accountant is supported in day to day tasks
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.