Head of Tax, Northern Europe
An industry leading manufacturing company is looking to appoint a Head of Tax, Northern Europe. Reporting to the Head of Tax, EMEA and APAC you will be responsible for all tax matters across the region covering tax advisory, tax compliance and tax reporting.
You will cooperate with the finance accounting teams, business, and operating teams as well as the segment and central tax team. You will also drive tax audit and relationship with the tax administration.
* Provide best in class tax advice and recommendations to business and operational clients
* Ensure full compliance in tax matters as a business partner and as governance function for driving compliant and efficiency
* Ensure tax reporting and accuracy of the numbers
* Take ownership and drive tax audits
* Support central tax functions in deploying tax projects and tax control framework
* Be active in exploring the collection of tax subsidies and incentives
* Properly and proactively monitor tax watch and tax advocacy
* Minimum 10 years income tax experience with a large multinational company and/or Big 4 accounting firm
* Able to drive results with a business partner mindset
* Hands-on UK tax experience
* Master degree in Tax or in Finance
* Good understanding of US GAAP and IFRS tax accounting standards
* Experienced with ERP systems, like SAP
* Experienced with tax accounting systems, like OneSource
For further information, please contact Phil Smyth at The Consultancy Group.