Large pension fund looking to recruit a Tax Manager. Newly created role reporting into the Head of Tax.
Your new company
This large pension fund is looking to recruit a Tax Manager. This is a newly created role reporting into the Head of Tax.
Your new role
* Manage the tax obligations and responsibilities of the Scheme and ensure that the Scheme and its affiliates are tax compliant across all applicable jurisdictions.
* Providing tailored tax advice in relation to new investment opportunities for the Scheme and the corporate group.
* Review tax returns and computations (UK and overseas) prepared by external advisors.
* Maintain relationships with external tax advisors and monitor their performance to ensure they are delivering to the standards expected of the Scheme.
* Own and manage the tax forecasting for the corporate group, including QIP calculations.
* Assist Head of Tax in reviewing group VAT returns, performing testing and reconciliations as appropriate.
* Assist with year-end reporting for tax provisions to be included in statutory accounts across the group.
* Dealing with routine HMRC enquiries and assisting Head of Tax in responding to any disputes.
* Provide tailored tax advice to the business in relation to investment structuring. This will cover a broad range of taxes including income and corporate taxes, VAT and indirect taxes, stamp duties and other transfer taxes as well as relevant overseas taxes (e.g. withholding taxes).
* Assist with the preparation of the PAYE settlement agreements and other BIK type compliance
* Advise from time-to-time on specific employee matters (e.g. employee status assessments for new joiners)
* Maintain and develop Team knowledge and competencies in order to continue performing the role effectively and that competency and qualification requirements are met whilst taking ownership of your own development by ensuring that you have a clear and defined development plan.
What you'll need to succeed
* Qualified tax advisor (CA/ACA/CTA or equivalent)
* Knowledge and experience of investment industry (or funds more generally)
* Experience of pensions taxation and operational taxes is desirable, but not essential
* Ability to translate complex tax matters and terminology into clear and concise concepts, relevant to the target audience
* Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external clients and stakeholders
* Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
* Willingness to solve problems
* Exercising discretion to challenge the status quo
* Ability to work independently but also as part of a wider team (on projects or group initiatives)
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.