We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
Working hard and working together, our Private Client Tax team thrives on keeping busy. Friendly, driven and diverse, they service our clients across the country and around the world. By providing expertise in many different specialist areas of tax, they collaborate across BDO to deliver wider business solutions. From meeting clients’ evolving business needs to managing changes to legislation, there are always fresh challenges to face in the Tax team. If you’re after a career that will keep you on your toes, we’ll give you the autonomy to drive your career forward.
We’ll help you succeed
This role will provide holistic advice to a wide range of clients. The primary responsibility will be advising and managing a portfolio of entrepreneurial clients, such as businesses owners and private equity executives, many of whom will have an international dimension to their affairs and / or be non-UK domiciled individuals.
You will also provide assistance to Director/Partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the practice. Will be involved in special assignments on an ad hoc basis. A key part of the role requires the individual to actively seek, and keep the Director/Partner informed about, any new business opportunities arising on existing and new clients.
When you join us, we’ll make your growth our priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, we can help you go far.
We’re looking for someone with:
• Strong understanding of the technical complexities that our clients face and be able to provide clear, concise and practical advice
• Strong technical ability in the field of private client, in particular advising non-UK domiciled individuals and their personal/family structures on their global tax position
• Ability to maintain an in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation
• A general ability and desire to deal with complex tax issues
• Project management experience
• Team management experience.
• Demonstrable experience of successfully managing a substantial client portfolio
• An inquisitive nature, able to identify opportunities to enhance our client offering
• Senior stakeholder management experience.
• Educated to degree level and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
• 28 days’ holiday;
• access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
• life assurance cover and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
• buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
• add on/enhance private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
• enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
• enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
• receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
• access childcare vouchers;
• take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 6,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.