Accountant job in Bury St Edmunds. Great firm, friendly team and an interesting progressive role.
Hays is recruiting a Senior Accountant for a professional accountancy firm in Bury St Edmunds. Their dedicated Accounts team has a wealth of experience in producing accounting and financial statements for a wide range of businesses and entities and are now looking to recruit an experience accountant to join their growing and enthusiastic team.
The main duties of the role will include the following:-
* Preparation of complex accounts and draft tax computations for sole traders, partnerships, Limited companies and LLPs, where applicable, for review by a senior member of staff.
* Review of accounts and supporting digital file for sole traders, partnerships, Limited companies and LLPs prepared by junior members of staff (with overview from a senior member of staff, where appropriate).
* Ensuring all digital files produced meet with the firm's standards having sufficient detail for the tax department including supporting analysis and invoices.
* Developing successful relationships with clients for which you have client contact, ensuring high standards of service are maintained, and client satisfaction optimised.
* Demonstrating application of knowledge of accounting treatment to apply to any issues arising, suggesting a course of action or identifying areas of concern. Ability to problem solve and seek solutions to issues.
* Identifying cross-selling opportunities of other departmental work, such as Wills, Financial Planning, etc and identifying accountancy and tax advisory work where relevant.
* Working with other departments and accounts team members to ensure joined up service and "one team" approach.
* Undertaking ad hoc pieces of client work, including technical research where applicable.
* Controlling client work in relation to timescales and client perceptions and ensuring all relevant members of staff are informed of client issues.
* Adhering to internal and risk management procedures of the firm and specifically those of the accounts department
* Training and supporting of junior staff and liaising with their line manager.
* Understanding the commercial implications of actions relating to productivity, recoverability, fee income and client service.
* Monitoring WIP and recoverability of own work, and billing work where appropriate.
* Ensuring appropriate CPD training is met.
* Carrying out any other duties to meet with the needs of the business.
* Managing own portfolio of clients (where applicable) including correspondence, telephone calls and ensuring relevant file notes are completed and filed on CCH.
* Competitive salary
* Minimum 24 days holiday, plus bank holidays
* Holiday purchase/sale scheme
* Matching employer pension contributions up to 6% of salary
* Salary sacrifice available for pension contributions
* Income Protection if you are off work due to long term illness or injury equal to 50% of salary until State pension age
* Death in service benefit (4x basic salary)
* Private Health Insurance - Individual cover available
* Up to two professional subscriptions paid for
* Encouragement to develop and learn by attending training courses and CPD events
* Soft skills workshops
* Employee Assistance programme
* Length of service recognition
* Social events paid for or subsidised by the firm
Please contact Cara Whyte at Hays to discuss or apply on line