A FTSE 250 FMCG business are looking for a Group Head of Tax to lead the Group Tax team globally. You will be responsible for leading tax reporting workstreams, managing theoutsourced corporate tax compliance and leading on advisory projects.
You will ideally come from another industry role, however the business would also consider individuals coming straight from the profession.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
* Managing the outsourced tax compliance process, including ensuring timely filing of tax returns for UK entities and the operations of the overseas tax functions.
* To be responsible for all general tax matters across the group. Provision of day-to-day tax support to local markets.
* Manage interim and year end reporting including the preparation of tax disclosures for consolidated group accounts with support from outsourced advisors.
* Manage the tax disclosure process for the UK Statutory Accounts.
* Manage compliance requirements with UK tax legislation impacting the group
* Provision of transaction advice on corporate finance activity
* Help support develop and implementation of a tax control framework and identify areas of potential weakness or opportunities for improvement.
* Responsibility for identify and mitigating tax risks. This includes anticipating changes to current tax environment.
* Managing the quarterly tax payments in the UK as well as UK tax cashflow and tax accounting/balances.
* Support development and lead implementation of Group Transfer Pricing policy and be responsible for monitoring global requirements and changes in legislation
* Support the design and management of tax efficient cross-border cash movements into/out of and around the group.
* Manage relationships with external advisors including HMRC, auditors and tax advisors
* Provide tax forecasts to the group
* Proactively identify opportunities for tax efficiencies within the group including tax reliefs, efficiencies and capital allowances
* Responsibility for preparation of tax figures for group reporting
* Provide technical and other support for all transformation activities, including mergers and acquisitions and other projects as needed.
* Management and assessment of Corporate tax models and Uncertain Provisions.
* Preparation of management papers on Tax policies and Group strategies
* Preparation of tax forms to assist in obtaining treaty exemptions or reduced withholding tax rates
You must be a Qualified Tax professional with strong technical accounting understanding, with great knowledge of UK corporate tax matters in a large group environment. You must have experience in international tax matters including with-holding taxes, transfer pricing and reorganisations.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.