Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
BDO’s Corporate Tax practice sits at the heart of our Tax function and plays an important role in the wider business. Our team works collaboratively with others across BDO, offering clients in the UK and overseas expert advice and solutions that help them overcome their challenges. If you’re looking for exposure and the chance to make an impact, you’re looking in the right place.
Tax is a dynamic, ever-changing industry. As our clients’ needs and the regulatory environment evolve, you’ll encounter new problems to solve and new opportunities for growth. Whether it’s advising clients on high-profile specialisms like Corporation Tax or leading the implementation of intelligent technology solutions, you’ll enjoy variety as well as stretch in your role.
BDO supports all kinds of different businesses in different sectors across the UK and around the world. You’ll be providing Tax Advisory services to start-ups and scale-ups, to private businesses and FTSE listed multinationals. Each of our clients has different needs and in applying your expertise in different contexts, you’ll develop your skills and gain valuable experience that will serve you throughout your career.
We’ll help you succeed
Our clients trust us because of the quality of our advice. That quality grows from a thorough understanding of their business, and that understanding comes from working closely with clients and building long-lasting relationships.
You’ll be someone who can work pro-actively, managing your own tasks, but you’ll also be confident collaborating with others, communicating regularly with senior managers, Directors, and BDO’s Partners to enable us to serve our clients effectively. You’ll be encouraged to identify and draw attention to opportunities for enhancing our delivery and providing additional services to our clients. We are looking for someone with;
• An in depth, up to date, knowledge of taxation with specialist knowledge and the ability to deal with complex tax issues P
• Project and staff management experience
• Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio profitably whilst being able to actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients.
• Ability to provide Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients using resource from a shared service team or via technology tools.
• Experience of managing a substantial portfolio of clients including control of client take on and engagement, billings, and identification of opportunities to improve recoveries, together with cash collection.
• Understanding of potential risks to the Firm in relation to the Firm’s quality control procedures and raising to the appropriate person.
• Guide and supervise less experienced colleagues, proving support, training and mentoring where appropriate.
• Experience of leading complex projects
• Educated to degree level and/or CTA and/or ACA qualified or equivalent Demonstrable post qualified experience
You’ll also be yourself; we’ll recognise and value you for who you are and celebrate and reward your contributions to the business. We’re committed to agile working, and we offer everyone the opportunity to work in ways that suit them, their teams, and the task in hand.
At BDO, we’ll help you achieve your personal goals and career ambitions, and we have programmes, resources, and frameworks that provide clarity and structure around career development.