My client is a leading international investor and active manager of core infrastructure assets. We invest across the spectrum of development, in construction, and already operational assets in OECD countries.
As a long-term and responsible investor, they invest across a range of sectors including transportation, energy and utilities, telecommunications and social infrastructure.
They have experienced teams of investors and asset managers operating across our offices in the UK & Europe, North America, Australia and Colombia. Our local presence and partner relationships enables us to better originate, execute, manage, and create a positive impact for our investments.
The company has successfully delivered and managed more than 150 infrastructure assets globally.
Our business is focused on two investment areas:
* Mid-market Infrastructure: investing in low-risk mid-market infrastructure assets and; businesses and
* PPP & Projects: developing and delivering PPP and other concession-based projects, as well as similar core infrastructure projects
In its Mid-market Infrastructure business, it invests in developing and growing core infrastructure businesses and platforms which are asset intensive and provide essential or critical infrastructure.
In its PPP & Projects business, it partners with governments, local authorities and other highly rated institutions to develop and deliver core infrastructure projects that are sustainable for the long-term and which serve the needs of local communities.
Our strategy and priorities are as follows:
* Continue to grow the assets under management and scale the platform
* Maintain a diversified portfolio by geography, sector and investment type
* Deliver infrastructure assets that are sustainable for the long-term and which serve the needs of local communities
We are well placed for growth due to growing government infrastructure plans as a key way to stimulate growth as well as to modernise and decarbonise their economies.
In addition to capital, the company brings the technical skills, experience and track record of delivering major infrastructure projects internationally.
the ROLE AND OPPORTUNITY
The tax team are seeking a knowledgeable, innovative tax manager for a mixed tax advisory and compliance role. The Tax Managers core responsibilities are to (a) providing day to day support to the Australian tax investments team on bids; (b) support the Head of Tax / Senior Tax Manager on bid support to the US, Latam and European bid team; and (c) the preparation and submission of the corporate tax computations and returns for the UK corporate group.
This is a broad role that would suit a self-motivated individuals looking to move into out of the professions or for their second industry role.
Successful candidates will also be given the opportunity to develop deeper tax experience in areas such as VAT, transfer pricing, capital allowances.
* Assisting the Head of Tax and/or Senior Tax Manager with the provision of tax support to the US, Latam, Australia and European investment teams. Working closely with the local team and advisors; reviewing external advice and financial models; consider holding structure with focus on tax treaties, withholding taxes and taxes arising upon any future exit; producing internal documentation to support bids and tax assumptions.
* Preparing, subject to review, corporation tax computations and returns for the UK group of companies. Necessary to consider aspects such as the CIR rules, group loss planning, CFCs, capital allowances and corporation tax payments.
* Support the preparation of tax numbers and supporting documentation for the year end and interim financial reporting of the group.
* Assistant with significant group projects covering a range of UK and international tax issues.
* Producing technical research and analysis papers as required.
* Providing support on non corporate tax areas which could include VAT and PAYE.
* Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders alongside other functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS required
* Experience working with UK and Australian Tax is preferred.
* Familiarity of Alphatax desirable
* Demonstrable expertise in applying technical tax skills to a variety of different scenarios (including structuring and tax due diligence)
PERKS AND BENEFITS
* Enhanced Pension
* Private medical and dental insurance
* Wellbeing allowance
* Holiday Purchase
* Group Life Assurance
* Group Income Protection
* Cycle to work scheme
* Paid Volunteering days