Broad Corporate Tax Manager role working on both compliance and forecasting for a major listed group.
Your new role
The role will be responsible for supporting the Senior Tax Managers in the group tax team - implementing key tax projects and initiatives, managing the compliance obligations of the group and supporting in delivering the overall objectives of the tax team. This will be a broad role, working on both compliance and forecasting for a major listed group, but also supporting on implementing major projects and initiatives, and where needed on M&A activity and restructuring. The role will help drive partnering with the wider business and overseas markets to ensure that tax is at the table for key commercial discussions and that the business is well supported on tax issues.
Key responsibilities include:
* Work with international markets to deliver the full year and mid-year group reporting
* Forecast the group Effective Tax Rate, and support decision making through modelling the impact of business change and risks/opportunities arising
* Support the Senior Tax Managers on key projects and initiatives
* Manage UK compliance work
* Transfer pricing reviews and documentation
* Improving processes to streamline and reduce risk
* Build links with and support international markets
* Run key projects to deliver the objectives of the tax team
* Partner with the business to ensure that tax concerns are factored into commercial decision making and that business initiatives are well supported from a tax perspective
* Help maintain and develop the group's relationship with HMRC and other tax authorities worldwide
What you'll need to succeed
This is a high-profile role within the business, reporting directly to Senior Tax Managers in the Group Tax Team, where the successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively across the business with non-tax people.
Competencies Required Technical experience
* Strong UK tax and some international tax expertise
* Experience of working in an in-house tax team for a large multinational or advising such businesses in a large accounting firm
* Strong experience in tax processes and driving process improvements
* A demonstrable track record of excellent judgement in taxation.
* Pace and urgency in implementing new projects and a good awareness of the impact on the business of new initiatives.
Collaboration & Influencing:
* A strong desire to work effectively with a range of non-tax people across business.
* Being prepared to break down organisational boundaries through collaboration and by building strong relationships based on trust with peers.
* Examples of thinking beyond the function and engaging with peers on taking an appropriate and pragmatic approach to functional strategies.
* Examples of challenging peers outside of tax on tax issues and how these can be balanced with non-tax commercial priorities.
* Being comfortable with building bridges with useful organisations, external bodies, advisors and innovative thinkers, and keeping up to date with developments in the field of tax.
* Strong execution skills and sense of urgency to shape and deliver financial goals.
* Team player with keen intellect and pragmatic approach to delivering results.
* Strong communication, influencing and decision-making skills.
* High levels of personal drive and determination to succeed.
* High levels of personal confidence, credibility, professionalism and integrity but with resilience to lead and manage change.
* Highly personable, builds relationships but is also not frightened of making tough decisions and giving feedback.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.