Global Tax M&A Full Deal Cycle and Integration
Global 100 Multinational
An opportunity to lead huge multijurisdictional m&a deals from inception through deal to integration
About the company
Profits of over $18 billion in 2022 and is the world’s largest shipping and cargo company, operating in almost every country in the world with over 130,000 employees and assets of over $72 billion.
The Role - Primary Responsibilities
• Act as subject matter expert related to deal structuring solutions
• Responsible for tax due diligence and communicate deal impact
• Provide high-quality recommendations on tax structuring solutions, in line with applicable legislation and company Tax Principles
• Drive and participate in tenders, negotiations, contract review, etc.
• Proactive tax responsible in driving processes with internal stakeholders in Finance, M&A, Legal M&A etc.
• Review and advise on contracts, valuation and other relevant material
• Lead integration of newly acquired companies in collaboration with other tax functions,
• Assess tax impact on integration initiatives
• Leading complex m&a transactions often > $ billion “from cradle to grave”, right the way throughout the process from early discussion through due diligence, negotiation, project management of the transaction and finally post deal integration; all of this in across multiple jurisdictions in truly international deals.
Who we are looking for
• Collaborative team player that enjoy working cross-functional
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to obtain and maintain strong relationships across all levels in the organisation
• Proactive and strong focus on delivering results
• Taking on the subject matter expert role by being strongly analytical and fact driven combined with a commercial drive and business acumen
• Experience with project management
• Enjoy working in a multicultural and diverse environment dealing with many stakeholders across borders
• +10 years of relevant experience from a tax function in an international company or a law or audit firm
• Proven experience and strong understanding of international tax laws
• Experience with SPA/PPA and valuation applying the DCF model
• Excellent communication and written/verbal English skills
• Experienced in navigating in a complex and international company with several stakeholders and a rapidly changing environment with tight deadlines
• You are a strong communicator, with and excellent command of both spoken and written English.
• You possess effective project management and task prioritization skills.
• You are an internationally mobile effective team player.
Finally, you possess good social skills, are motivated, inspiring and you can handle multiple competing priorities.
The candidate could come from any location globally and this is a truly global company. The role however needs to be based in Copenhagen and full relocation assistance will be available for this. This role will also qualify for the five year full expatriate tax rate so that total income tax all in will only be 28%. Copenhagen has been voted both the best city in the world for expats and the most liveable city in the world.
The reason to base the m&a tax team in Copenhagen is so that they can sit with the deals team as an integral part and have immediate access to key stakeholders up to and including C Suite.
For a discreet initial conversation and more information please contact our exclusive representative iuncluding full disclosure of all company details:
Iain Lorriman, Managing Director