Corporate Tax Manager - Media Clients
Your new company
This firm is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. They are a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world they bring a different experience to their clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond.
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at this firm thrives on the contributions of all their people, they never settle for what is easy, they look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where they value difference and respect their colleagues helps their people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Their open and accessible culture means you'll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to their firm. The things that set you apart, they value them. That's why they give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Your new role
Every day their teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
Their London Corporate Tax team is looking for a Manager to support their Media and Entertainment sector clients. They are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, be it location or minimum contracted hours. Ideally your experience will include practical application of the suite of Creative Industry Tax Reliefs, and you will have excellent client-facing skills. You will join their growing team and facilitate the continued growth of the Corporate & International tax practice in London with a particular focus on our UK and international Media and Entertainment clients. You will seek out opportunities to develop and grow the portfolio of sector clients, establish strong relationships with clients and provide first class client service.
The role of Manager demonstrates sufficient technical knowledge and good interpersonal and project management skills to be able to proactively assist clients in responding to a rapidly changing sector and can manage a team in demanding assignments on a day to day basis.
They are happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, they will support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role:
If you enjoy working on a wide-reaching range of projects that will help businesses and communities flourish, you'll fit right in. Here are some things you can expect from this Tax Manager role.
* You'll be managing a portfolio of clients consisting of owner-managed businesses, private equity backed and large, listed and multinational groups, supporting them on their corporation tax affairs. In addition to the annual corporation tax work and specialist CITR claims, you will also have the opportunity to work on tax advisory projects including project financing and transactions / M&A tax and group reorganisations. You will also have the opportunity to get involved in business development across the Media and Entertainment sector.
* You'll be a part of their UK corporation tax team, a team of 70 professionals across the UK. Your home team will be within the London Corporate Tax team where you will support Partners and Directors in advising clients in the Media sector across all areas of corporation tax. You will also be responsible for supervising / reviewing work prepared by junior members of the team, and will (in most cases) report directly to Partners and Directors.
* You'll be a key part of delivering corporate tax compliance and tax advisory services for their clients. You will oversee and manage your own portfolio of clients, including liaising with other teams in the firm - becoming the main point of contact for clients in your portfolio. You'll help coach and develop junior members of staff, proactively seek out new business development opportunities and participate in pitch / proposal sessions.
* You will be responsible for organising the delivery of tax work and problem solving on a daily basis. By becoming the key point of contact for your clients, you will have the opportunity to build your internal and external network - giving you the opportunity to build your communication skills and collaborate with others. You will be commercially minded and have a clear perception of client requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
As a Tax Manager, it would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don't worry if you don't tick every box, they will help you develop along the way.
* You'll be a qualified chartered accountant or tax advisor (or both) (ACA, ACCA, CTA or equivalent)
* You'll have post-qualified experience working in a corporate tax team, in practice or in industry, managing projects
* Solid, up to date knowledge of UK corporation tax legislation
* Experience in reviewing work and supervising staff in a tax environment
* Evidence of managing corporation tax compliance portfolios and strong project management skills
* Excellent communication skills in supporting the team and delivering work to clients
* Be flexible in order to juggle client commitments and meet deadlines
* Demonstrable business development experience
What you'll get in return
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you're with outside of work matter, that's why they are happy to look at flexible working options for all their roles, and they will always do their best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make there will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you'll be giving back to society. It's that drive to do the right thing that runs through their every move, grounded in their values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.