Indirect Tax - Senior Associate
I am currently working with one of the Big Four Accountancy Firms, who are looking for an Indirect Tax Senior Associate.
Your new company
This firm helps their clients stay ahead of changes that impact their businesses, navigating complexity and risk. They deliver deep tax technical, people and legal expertise, while providing the critical context to make informed and compliant decisions. With clients ranging from multinational organisations and public sector bodies to entrepreneurs and family businesses, the work they do is diverse.
Their Indirect Tax team is market leading, providing advisory, operational and compliance services to the firm's largest and most important clients. They advise across all aspects of indirect tax, with specialists in VAT, customs, excise, stamp taxes and environmental taxes.
Their team is fuelled by curious minds who work together to provide innovative solutions to navigate challenges, both locally and globally. As part of the team, you'll continue to build your tax technical skills as you work with a variety of clients across all business sectors, whilst at the same time have the opportunity to develop your operational consulting and technology skills as you support clients in how they deal with the day-to-day practicalities of meeting the requirements of an increasingly complex legal and regulatory landscape.
As part of the team, you will experience unparalleled opportunities to develop your career, build your skills and experience working on complex and challenging assignments. If you are ready to accelerate your career in indirect tax, then this is the opportunity for you. They are keen to hear from anybody with an enthusiasm for Indirect Tax regardless of your specialised area, grade or location. If you are interested, you are encouraged to apply.
Your new role
You will work as an integral part of a team of problem solvers, helping their clients tackle their complex issues from strategy to execution.
Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
* Building relationships with their clients and other internal (UK and global network) teams
* Working alongside others in the Indirect Tax team and other teams to win new clients and work
* Providing innovative solutions and advice aligned to their clients' commercial needs
* Delivery of the highest quality advice to clients
* Managing and helping to develop others in the team
* Working in multidisciplinary Indirect Tax teams (e.g. with customs, legal and systems specialists)
* Keeping up to date with indirect tax legislation and practical changes
* Supporting the creation of and working with cutting edge technology to solve client problems
* The opportunity to work with senior leaders in their indirect tax practice, who will invest in your development and provide you with access to business mentors to help maximise your potential
What you'll need to succeed
Essential Skills and Experience:
* Excellent VAT technical and analytical skills
* Good communication skills, written and oral
* A commitment to team working
* A commitment to delivering excellent client service
* Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks
* Ability to apply good judgement, consult appropriately and manage risks
* Good self-organisational skills
* Resilience and ability to work to deadlines
* Ability to work flexibly and through virtual networks
* Ability to manage and support junior staff
* A strong interest and understanding of the benefits of technology and innovation
* Ambition and a strong desire to succeed
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.