An exciting opportunity to join a business within travel industry as a part-time Tax Specialist.
As a Tax Specialist, you will be responsible for the preparation and management of all aspects of UK corporate tax compliance and global statutory tax reporting as well as gain exposure to many aspects of international direct and indirect tax advisory projects.
* Preparing high quality corporate tax returns for the group's c. 30 UK entities, for review by the Senior Tax Manager
* Working closely with the finance colleagues and the tax team, taking ownership of the workings and tax disclosures for the global year-end financial statements of our three consolidated groups.
* Preparing the tax disclosures for the individual financial statements of the UK entities. Being a key contact with the group's auditors
* Monitoring developments in international tax law
* Being involved in various tax matters including the Senior Accounting Officer rules, transfer pricing, CbCR and Pillar Two reporting, UK R&D Expenditure Credit claims and VAT compliance
* Being a key contact in the tax team for questions from the global colleagues for all aspects of direct and indirect tax
* Participating in discussions with HMRC in respect of matters arising across all taxes
Skills and qualifications required:
* The ideal candidate should be ACA/ACCA/CTA qualified and have significant experience working in practice or in-house finance
* Strong core financial accounting knowledge (IFRS) and relevant experience working in tax
* Excellent analytical and data interpretation skills
* Experience of OneSource corporate tax software or equivalent