Global real estate business looking to recruit a Tax Accountant.
Your new role
I'm working with a global real estate business who are looking to recruit a UK Tax Accountant / Assistant UK Tax Manager to join the Global Tax Department in the tax team based in London. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting the UK Tax Manager in coordinating the satisfaction of all aspects of UK tax management and reporting obligations. You will have excellent Microsoft Office and OneSource Corporate Tax Software experience.
* Preparation of UK corporate tax returns, tax provisions, financial analysis, reconciliations, claims and elections, CFC Reviews, US Tax Reporting and other ad hoc projects as required
* Liaison with members of other departments within the organisation and external advisors and auditors and manage those relationships; request and provide tax related information/analysis and produce work in an accurate, timely and efficient manner
* Assisting the UK Tax manager and Global Tax Department as necessary on ad hoc projects
* Performing risk reviews of process outputs either by specific review or through analytical procedures
* Devise, propose and participate in implementing tax planning initiatives, corrective actions and develop and implement process improvements as required
* Support the continued enhancement and development of effective tax reporting, compliance controls, tax governance and strategy including reporting on SAO; monitor and advise on the tax implications of regulatory changes and other tax related matters.
What you'll need to succeed
* ATT, CTA, ACA, ACCA qualified or HMRC equivalent, with experience of working in a taxation or financial environment, we will consider part-qualified candidates with a genuine interest in tax.
* Self-motivated, proactive and with an eagerness to learn.
* Methodical, numerate and confident with numbers
* Strong team working, prioritisation and organisational skills
* Able to communicate confidently and have excellent verbal and written skills
* A Level / Degree Standard of Education
* Highly motivated and enthusiastic; · Attention to detail; · Strong time management and organisational skills
* Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels
* Professionalism, dependability, integrity and trustworthiness combined with a cooperative attitude.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office e.g. Excel, Word, and Outlook
* Experience working in a finance or tax department
* OneSource Experience
* Excellent time management and organisational skills.
* Self-motivated while working as part of an energetic and enthusiastic team.
* Enjoys working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.