A global house name is seeking to appoint an experienced tax engine expert to join their Tax Calculation Services teams. The team is comprised of tax professionals and software engineers that are responsible for providing end-to-end global tax engine solutions. This includes sales and use taxes, communication taxes, value-added taxes, good and services taxes, and other consumption taxes.
This position is focuses on VAT requirements associated with retail business expansion in the EMEA region, but there may be opportunities for broader exposure to other transaction taxes and business lines in the future.
What does the role involve?
* Configuration and ongoing maintenance of transaction tax calculation software;
* Researching transaction tax laws to create and maintain the tax rules within the engine;
* Actively participating in projects throughout their life cycle - from design through delivery - with an emphasis on testing to ensure that projects conform to the business requirements and rules;
* Providing subject matter expertise to various business and IT organisations including Business Development, Marketing, Legal, Customer Service, and various product groups.
* Involvement in general VAT issues such as research related to tax calculation and compliance, tax collection responsibilities, and other advanced e-commerce topics.
This position requires extensive interaction with all of the company's business units, so any candidate should be able to work well cross- functionally;
* Proficient knowledge of VAT in the EU region;
* Excellent oral and written communication skills;
* Strong analytical skills;
* Strong bias for action;
* Ability to identify and resolve issues independently;
* Very comfortable working in a fast-paced and continually changing environment;
* A team oriented, customer-centric attitude;
* Highly organised, self-motivated and detail oriented;
* The ability to conceptualise and manage multiple projects.
In an idea world you will also have
* Experience working in a large public accounting firm or multi-national corporate tax department;
* Experience maintaining and operating transaction tax calculation and compliance software (e.g. Synchro, Systax, Vertex, ONESOURCE);
* Project management experience.