An exciting opportunity to join a multinational telecommunications conglomerate based in London as a Senior Tax Advisor.
* Provide effective direct tax support and advice to the tax team and business, including working with colleagues to analyse and of ad hoc projects, external contracts and other transactions
* Assist on the analysis of the tax implications of accounting and legislative changes
* Support international operations, which may include registration of PE or branches in new countries, TP arrangements, WHT, oversight of compliance and reporting obligations, winding up foreign branches, monitoring international tax developments, such as PE analysis, CFC & tax residency reviews
* Contribute to the drafting, review and management of inter-company pricing for new and existing supplies of goods and services across multiple jurisdictions
* Devise legal means to minimize tax liability using thorough knowledge of tax laws and regulations.
* Participate in the development of tax strategies.
* Conduct internal audits relating to tax matters.
* Prepare and submit standard tax returns, assisting in the preparation of more complex computations.
* Contribute to preparation and initial investigations into tax issues.
* Ensure that records, returns and related reports comply with all federal, state and local regulations.
The successful candidate should have the following skills and capabilities:
* Professional qualification - ideally CTA, ACA or equivalent - 1-2 years PQE
* Strong UK direct/corporate tax technical knowledge and experience. Prior experience of UK incentive claims for patent box and R&D is highly desirable.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills - ability to explain complex issues clearly and simply to non-tax experts
* Personal accountability and a high level of attention to detail
* Focus on delivery, with excellent time-management skills
* Confident and self-motivated, with ability to work on own initiative
* Good team-player, who is able to build personal networks across Tax and Finance, and with other stakeholders in the business
* Strong IT skills, including Excel