Accounts and Tax accountant job in Cromer. Leading firm, competitive salary and benefits
Our client, a leading firm with a focus on bringing together professional accounts, audit and tax expertise with practical, forward-looking advice is seeking an Accounts and Tax senior in their Cromer office.
The role is to provide accounts and tax services to our varied clients, whilst working closely with an experienced team, with great lines of communication with the Partners.
Duties include but are not limited to
* Managing a diverse portfolio of clients, comprising sole traders, partnerships and limited companies;
* Drafting personal tax returns and corporation tax computations;
* Preparing VAT returns and management accounts;
* Assisting the managers and Partners with queries and ad hoc duties, staff and client related, as required;
* Planning and delegating jobs for preparation by junior members of the team and reviewing their work (depending on the candidate's knowledge and experience);
* Overseeing the training and development of junior members of the team, including assisting with queries when required; and
* Assisting clients with accounting software queries. Experience in Sage, QuickBooks and Xero would be beneficial.
* You will ideally be qualified ACA/ACCA, although qualified by experience will still be seriously considered.
* At least three years' practice experience dealing with accounts and tax compliance;
* Driven individual who is able to work on their own initiative, as well as part of a team;
* Confident in communicating with clients and other professional advisers;
* Committed to delivering quality work and excellent results;
* Capable of demonstrating some commercial awareness; and
* Proven ability to adapt quickly to changing deadline and priorities.
* Competitive salary and benefits package;
* Opportunity for progression within the firm; and
* A split between home and office working is an option.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Cara Whyte at Hays on 07502377206