To provide support and assurance to the Head of Tax so the company is compliant with all relevant UK and overseas tax requirements and to assist with the implementation of the Group Tax Strategy.
The role is required to ensure that the company's accounting systems, processes, and controls would satisfy any internal or external audit or inquiry.
Develop and maintain good working relationships with finance colleagues, head office and HMRC and act as initial point of contact for Head of Tax.
Tax risk and governance
* Ongoing maintenance and review of tax risk register
* Assist Head of Tax and Head of Internal Audit with risk and control analysis and monitoring for all taxes.
* Work with divisions and Head of Tax to identify areas where controls can be enhanced.
* Assist Head of Tax with risk assessment and communication of policies and procedures to meet with the requirements of the Failure to Prevent Facilitation of Tax Evasion offence.
* Prepare and maintain electronic SDLT control spreadsheet with particular regard to deferment applications and tax treatment of overage.
* Update companies list for SAO notification on annual basis
* Coordinate SAO notification and sign off process to include collation and review of information from divisions.
* Preparation of first draft of annual SAO sign off memo for Group Financial Controller.
* Coordinate provision of VAT and CIS training - organising dates and attendees list.
* Prepare and maintain tax calendar with key filing and payment dates and reminders for all taxes.
Employment taxes and global mobility
* Maintain central record of CIS registration status and record of intragroup transactions
* Update Group expenses policies with assistance from Head of Tax.
* Assist with raising awareness of employment tax issues across the business;
* Prepare PAYE Settlement Agreement for the company and review divisional submissions.
* Prepare annual Short Term Business Visitors declaration and Payment Scheme submission for Dubai.
* Assist with preparation and submission of options to tax and maintain central files.
* Help with adhoc projects e.g. managing agents review,
* Help with provision of information for ongoing and periodic claims e.g. R&D, contaminated land relief
* Support finance team with monthly VAT return preparation and queries.
* Assist Group Tax Accountant with Non-resident landlord reminders.
* Assist with ATED submissions.
Skills and experience
* Recognised tax and/or accounting qualification essential
* Relevant tax compliance, risk and governance experience gained in industry or practice
* Organised and thorough in approach with attention to detail and accuracy
* Able to work efficiently on own initiative and as part of a team
* Pragmatic and solution driven
Excellent package on offer DOE