The Senior Tax Manager EMEA will support on EMEA tax issues including business partnering with certain lines of business, undertaking EMEA and group-wide planning initiatives and overseeing EMEA tax provision, reporting and forecasting to US Tax and some UK tax compliance.
This role will include liaison with business and finance heads in each line of business in EMEA. Working on group restructuring and tax planning initiatives requiring liaison with the US tax department and managing external professional advisers, including cost management.
* Pro-actively partner with the EMEA regional business, finance heads, and legal.
* Work with the business to fully understand all commercial initiatives, considering tax implications and suggesting potential solutions to manage risks and maximise opportunities
* Working with other members of the EMEA tax team, reviewing commercial initiatives across the region and ensure the operations are structured appropriately
* Liaising with US tax department and US business teams to understand global initiatives, processes and attributes to include in EMEA based projects.
* Devise, implement and maintain Transfer Pricing policies for the businesses and their entities and initiatives so that they are appropriate for the activities
* Part of the team regularly reviewing the group structure to ensure it is optimal, undertaking restructuring, mergers, and liquidations as appropriate to minimise risk and compliance burden.
* Working with the US tax team on group restructuring and planning initiatives, leading and managing all the EMEA aspects to these projects, including stakeholder engagement and legal documentation, working with advisers, managing project budgets and ensuring accurate implementation from an accounting perspective
* Pro-actively seeking ways to minimise risk and maximise opportunities and then implementing appropriate actions/projects
* Ensuring all necessary Sarbanes Oxley documentation is completed for all relevant projects
Compliance, Reporting, provisioning and forecasting
* Actively review the US quarterly forecast to be reported to US Tax
* Review quarterly US GAAP tax provisions to be reported to US Tax
* Review an allocation of UK GAAP statutory accounts tax provisions and disclosures
* Review an allocation of UK corporate tax returns, ensuring they accurately reflect transactions and include appropriate disclosures
* Liaise with statutory auditors on all compliance, planning and projects to ensure efficient review
* Pro-actively work directly with HMRC and other tax authorities as appropriate, to maintain effective relationships (e.g. queries, audits etc)
* Fully Qualified ACA qualification
* Experience PQE tax compliance and advisory experience
* Experience of working in an internal tax department of a large multinational company
* International tax advisory experience for multinational companies
* International tax accounting and compliance experience
* Quick learner, self-motivated and pro-active
* Analytical and problem solving skills with ability to make decisions and recommendations
* Ability to summarise and communicate complex technical issues
* Able to manage workload to tight deadlines and prioritise multiple tasks and work streams
* Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation.