Overall Role Purpose:
To support the Head of Tax with corporation tax and elements of PAYE compliance and advice for the Group of companies.
Working alongside and providing support to other members of the tax team.
· Management and preparation of the Corporation Tax computations, using Onesource software, and other obligations including Quarterly tax payments, Country by Country reporting, Corporate Interest Restriction, Transfer pricing, Capital Allowances and R&D Expenditure Credits.
· Dealing with HMRC correspondence and enquiries
· Provide tax advice to the Finance teams on ad hoc transactions and projects
· Accurate financial reporting of corporation tax and deferred tax within the statutory accounts under IFRS. Working closely with the group finance teams in respect of the tax ledgers and journals. Liaising with external auditors.
· Management of Quarterly tax reporting for UK Group to Parent Company Head Office in the Netherlands
· Management and preparation of PAYE compliance, including PAYE Settlement Agreement and Short Term Business Visitor reporting. Advise HR and group finance teams on employee tax matters, such as 24 month rule, overseas expatriates
· Maintain relevant parts of the tax risk management and governance framework, including compliance with the senior accounting officer regime.
Head of Tax
Dutch Parent Company Tax Department
Payroll Manager/HR team
Finance teams for each of the Business Units
Take on compliance responsibilities across relevant taxes, ready for Head of Tax review and sign off.
Limits of Financial Authority:
N/A for this role
Career Path Information
Required Qualifications / Expertise:
- ACA, ACCA, CTA qualified or qualified by experience.
- A solid UK Corporation tax background gained in practice or industry.
- Strong technical knowledge of UK Corporation Tax, and preferably Employment Tax (or willingness to learn)
- General understanding of accounting standards and practices.
- Attention to detail.
- A self-starter and independent worker with strong interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in the use of Excel, Word, Outlook and preferably OneSource
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to plan, prioritise and manage own workload, and work accurately under pressure in order to meet deadlines.
- Efficient and effective management of tight and conflicting deadlines.