Tax Knowledge Manager
London and WFH c.£68,000+
This dynamic and expanding mid tier firm are passionate about helping their clients, businesses, private individuals and not for profit organisations, to achieve their ambitions. The tax team is integral to this, and is looking for a tax knowledge manager to work with the Head of Tax Technical in supporting the technical tax specialists and ensuring and enhancing the reputation of the firm as a leading part of the tax profession.
This is a non client-facing role ensuring that you have the time to focus on providing technical back-up and advising on best practice across a range of taxes but focussing on private clients an business tax. Your responsibilities will include:
• Keeping abreast of tax issues and relevant developments where there is a need or opportunity to communicate details both internally
• Producing tax-related content for internal circulation (including detailed technical bulletins, newsletters etc.) and various external purposes
(including website content, flyers, email alerts, press comments, articles etc.).
• Developing templates, precedents, checklists etc.
• Drafting responses to HMT/HMRC calls for evidence and consultations on matters relevant to the firm’s client base.
• Playing a part in the development and delivery of internal tax training.
• Contributing to the development of tax risk management and quality control procedures and processes within the business.
• Developing, enhancing, and maintaining the firm’s internal tax knowledge database.
You should be CTA qualified with extensive mixed tax PQE. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential. You should be enthusiastic about developing new ideas for content as well as being committed to best practice.
This is a rare opportunity to focus your technical tax skills in a non-client facing role but one that directly and positively impacts the team's ability to provide high level and relevant advice to a wide range of clients.