Well renowned wealth & asset management business looking to recruit an indirect tax expert.
Your new role
* Responsible for all the Group's VAT, GST and related procedures including, but not limited to:
* clear agreed input from others including Group Finance;
* continued enhancement of the MTD compliant processes;
* training of business and others on their responsibilities;
* review of VAT treatment new products;
* ensuring changes in legislation and interpretations are considered proactively;
* monitor levels of irrecoverable VAT costs in the group;
* review of pension scheme costs;
* design and implementation of updated PESMs etc as appropriate;
* Lead on the increased automation of the VAT, GST and related tax processes;
* Lead on the group tax input on operational tax affairs which are the responsibility of operations teams;
* Work with the wider tax team to ensure the business has appropriate awareness of the requirement for the tax impact of all group activities to be considered in business propositions
* Ad hoc projects as agreed
* Maintain up to date documentation processes and the review and sign off requirements
What you'll need to succeed
Key Skills and Experience
* Significant experience gained within the profession and/or financial services
* Clear communicator
* Solid tax technical knowledge
* Ability to embrace change proactively
Professional Qualifications and Education
* Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CA/) and/or Chartered Tax Advisor (CTA)
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.