Fast growing group seeks a Group Tax Manager or Head of Tax to support the growing needs of their global business. This is a new role, which will report directly to the CFO, with overall responsibility for developing, leading and executing the Group’s tax strategy, including responsibility for all tax compliance, tax related financial reporting, management of tax risk and opportunities and provision of tax advice to the Group’s operations. The role will involve working closely with local finance teams and external tax advisors across all jurisdictions where the Group has a presence.
Oversee the Global tax position of the Group including:
• Management of all tax compliance for the Group in conjunction with local finance teams and external advisors where appropriate;
• Management and delivery of UK Corporate tax compliance (computations, returns, filings quarterly instalment payments and responses to HMRC enquiries);
• Ensuring accurate and effective compliance and reporting processes are maintained and that all Transfer Pricing OECD requirements are complied with in each jurisdiction;
• Calculation of Group tax charge for budgets and forecasts, in conjunction with local finance teams and external advisors;
• Management of year end and half year tax calculations and preparation of tax accounting disclosures;
• Identifying opportunities to maximise tax efficiency;
• Management of relationships with tax authorities and tax advisors; and
• Keeping abreast of changes in tax legislation that may impact the Group and ensuring that any additional governance requirements are met as the business grows.
The role will also include:
• Business partnering with local finance, legal and other departments as required to ensure tax risks and opportunities are considered; and
• Other ad hoc tax related projects, including but not limited to, M&A, management and implementation of any requirements relating to changes in tax legislation, tax related system and process upgrades/ improvements.
The successful candidate will:
• Be ACA/CTA qualified or equivalent (2+ years post qualified);
• Have experience in working with or for multinational companies;
• Have the ability to think strategically and creatively with a genuine solution focused attitude, and an aptitude and energy for problem-solving and accomplishing challenges;
• Possess strong leadership, project management, organisational and communication skills;
• Be flexible, open minded and have a “hands-on” work mentality; and
• Have experience in IFRS tax accounting (preferable).
Hybrid working at office based in Old Trafford and from home. Part time working will be considered.
This is a great chance to be at the start of new in-house tax function.