The Consultancy Group are working on an Indirect Tax Manager role for a growing global high-end branded retail business. Reporting to the Head of tax, the Indirect Taxes Manager will act as Tax Lead on any VAT enquiries and projects.
Based in their central London office, you will be managing the VAT and indirect tax affairs throughout UK and Europe. The role will address indirect tax implications, managing indirect tax risk and being a representative for VAT across the business and with tax advisers.
* Advise the business in relation to all indirect tax related manners and educate and raise awareness of tax matters throughout the business
* Introducing process and system improvements where they enhance the quality of VAT reporting
* Acting as Tax Lead on any VAT enquiries and Logistics Projects
* Manage two VAT accountants
* Oversee Indirect Taxes compliance prepared by the tax accountants
* Forecasting and calculating VAT liabilities
* Strong indirect tax background obtained in a recognised accounting firm or a large corporate organisation
* ATT/ACCA/CTA qualified or equivalent, or be qualified by experience, ideally minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
* Experience of Intrastat reporting and EC Sales compliance
* Ability to work autonomously in fast paced environment, prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
* Bonus if you speak a second European language