About this role:
Supporting the European platform, the successful candidate will find an exceptional opportunity to develop professionally through exposure to all aspects of international corporate tax issues of a diversified financial services company.
In this role, you will:
* Supporting the European platform, the successful candidate will find an exceptional opportunity to develop professionally through exposure to all aspects of international corporate tax issues of a diversified financial services company.
* The candidate will support the International Tax team in respect of the responsibilities outlined below and will be located in our London office, reporting to the Director of Tax for EMEA and APAC, with review of their Corporate Tax work including compliance by the EMEA Corporate Tax Lead.
* This role will encompass support and assistance in relation to International Corporate Tax compliance, reporting and advisory work. Corporate tax support with Projects will also be a key component of the role.
* The candidate will ideally have experience of international corporate tax issues, be a self-starter and a clear communicator with all levels of management. The candidate will need to demonstrate the ability to work independently and pro-actively with the business lines, legal entities, and functional support groups.
Key responsibilities will include:
* Supporting the EMEA Corporate Tax Lead, and the Director of Tax for EMEA and APAC, as well as the wider International Tax team as and when required.
* Ensuring accurate and timely reported tax disclosures in financial statements and management accounts, for the EMEA Corporate Tax Lead's review. Preparing tax update slide packs as and when required to be presented at board and management committee meetings.
* Management of the compliance process for EMEA entities. This includes preparing UK and Irish corporate tax computations and returns, liaising with Finance colleagues to produce iXBRL formatted accounts, and filing corporate tax returns or supervising local agents in EMEA to perform these services
* Calculating and advising tax accruals, tax payments and UK group relief
* Liaising closely with Transfer Pricing colleagues, and also local teams such as Finance, VAT and Indirect Taxes, Legal, Treasury, Compliance and Risk as required
* Respond to and resolve EMEA tax authorities' enquiries in a timely manner
* Implement process efficiencies to facilitate and enhance tax compliance
* Assisting with the provision of tax support for ad hoc queries, with advice to different parts of the business as they develop new products and initiatives
* Review changes to tax legislation and consider impact for the EMEA entities, including drafting tax memorandums
* Assist in corporate tax technical analysis and input in to key projects and restructuring initiatives
* Act as a technical expert on direct tax matters for key stakeholders
* Supporting the EMEA Corporate Tax Lead, the Director of Tax for EMEA and APAC, and wider International Tax team in managing and maintaining the tax governance and controls framework from a Corporate Tax perspective
Required Qualifications, International:
* Post-qualification experience preferably within banking or financial services
* Corporate Tax experience either in practice and/or in-house
* Familiarity with European tax issues for a multinational company
* Strong understanding of tax accounting and corporate tax reporting
* Knowledge of international tax issues such as permanent establishments, residence, transfer pricing and tax treaties
* Understanding of the processes for corporate tax reporting and compliance