This is an extremely exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Tax Professional/ex Head of Tax, ideally from a Financial Services background. The role offers the right candidate the experience of seeing through a period of change and transformation of the tax function and the opportunity to mentor and develop the tax team.
The key responsibilities for the Interim EMEA Head of Tax are:
- Ensuring compliance with all tax requirements, include complete and accurate tax calculations, resolution of any tax disputes, submission of accurate tax returns on a timely basis and audits.
- Ensuring compliance with VAT obligations in EMEA and particularly HMRC.
- Assessing and advising on tax implicatioins of new tax legislation, legal entity changes, business activity change and trades booked within the EMEA entities, including new product review sign off.
- Managing relationships with the Tax authorities in all jurisdictions in which the EMEA business has a presence.
- Stakeholder management, globally and in EMEA, up to and including Board level.
Successful candidates will have a thorough knowledge of all general corporate tax issues, especially those impacting the banking industry. You must be able to demonstrate leadership experience in order to lead and develop tax team members and represent the tax team to the wider business. You will also possess experience at managing global relationships with the ability to relate to staff at all levels of the business.
This business supports a hybrid working model.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.