Role: Private Client Tax Trainee (Graduate)
Department: Private Client Tax
If you're looking to join an organisation that will give you the right opportunities and experience to develop your career, join Evelyn Partners
Evelyn Partners are the UK's leading integrated wealth management and professional services group, looking after the financial affairs of individuals, families, and businesses for more than a century. We offer a wide range of end-to-end services to meet client needs throughout their life, and at every stage of their business lifecycle.
Our trainee schemes are structured training programmes combining practical experience with technical studies, as well as providing numerous opportunities to increase your skill set with internal courses ranging from personal impact and negotiation skills to time management and delivering presentations.
What will you be doing?
Our Private Client Tax Services team help individuals from all walks of life with their tax issues. With over 6,000 private tax clients and 1,500 trusts, our team's client base is incredibly diverse, including high-net-worth families and individuals, as well as entrepreneurs, business owners and family businesses.
You'll be joining a team that supports clients to meet their tax compliance obligations and liaises with HMRC on their behalf. This can include preparing their tax returns, repayment claims, computations, accounts and dealing with any correspondence from HMRC.
As part of our Private Client Tax Team you will combine hands on practical experience which could be advising on tax efficient strategies or helping clients with financial planning whilst studying.
As our Tax Trainee your responsibilities will include:
* liaising with clients and third parties to obtain necessary information
* preparation of basic tax returns or repayment claim forms
* advising clients of their forthcoming tax liabilities and tax matters affecting them
* assisting in the preparation of tax advice for clients including technical tax research, strategic planning and drafting of reports for clients
* dealing with correspondence from clients, HMRC and other third parties. This can be via letter, email or telephone.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements:
* Committed and motivated to studying towards the ACA qualification
* Must have or be on course for at least a 2:2 honours degree in any discipline
* 112 UCAS points (or equivalent) in your top three A-levels (excluding General Studies)
* GCSE English Language and Maths (or equivalent) at a minimum of grade 5
What training and development will you receive in your first few years?
Progression within this team is fast, with responsibility from an early stage. By the second year you'll be taking on a more senior role with smaller clients and helping to supervise the new intake of trainees and as your experience grows, you may have opportunities to experience other assignments such as control reviews and due diligence projects.
During your training contract you will study towards the Association of Chartered Accountants (ACA) qualification, developing essential skills sought out in the professional services sector.
Evelyn Partners recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all colleagues with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. At Evelyn Partners we are committed to equal opportunities in all aspects of our work.