We are currently working with a leading European Private Equity firm looking to add a Tax professional to their high calibre and experienced inhouse Tax team based in London. Working across UK and International Tax, this will be a broad and varied position responsible for tax accounting, compliance, reporting, advisory and transactions.
* Co-ordinate with service providers on preparation and review of UK, German, US and Luxembourg fund partnership tax returns for fund, carry and co-invest partnerships.
* Preparation of UK group corporate tax returns and year-end tax numbers for the group accounts.
* Preparation of group and fund FATCA & CRS reporting for UK, France and Luxembourg and keeping supporting self-certification information up to date.
* Supporting Fund Reporting/Investor Relations teams on responses to investor tax queries and during a fundraising process.
* Supporting the tax input to the Deal Team, for example on fund investment acquisitions or exits including Luxembourg holding structures and making sure structures comply with fund agreements.
* Supporting tax advice and implementation support of ad hoc group projects and fund structures.
* Monitoring changes to legislation, internal processes, implementation of existing group/fund structures and changes required to keep structures and processes compliant
* Pre-existing experience working with fund concepts/structures would be advantageous but is not essential.
* More important is a desire to learn about funds and a flexible mindset, working as part of an established in-house Finance Team.
* A good general grounding in tax with at least 5 - 6 years of professional experience, likely with an ACA or equivalent qualification.
* Motivated team player. An ability to take ownership of completing tasks accurately and prioritising with minimum supervision - organised and attentive to detail.
* Excellent numerical, written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly/concisely in a business environment to a non-tax audience.
* Experience working with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.