What you'll do
As our Corporate Tax Manager, you will be engaged in the end-to-end tax compliance process including current and deferred tax accounting, corporation tax computations, returns, elections, tax payments and group relief, and related HMRC correspondence.
As well as this, you'll be:
* Utilising strong tax technical, IFRS / FRS 101 accounting and analytic skills to identify tax adjustments required for the purposes of the build-up of the group's consolidated tax accounts, major corporation tax computations and budgeting & forecasting processes
* Liaising collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders such as finance colleagues, external auditors and HMRC
* Providing proactive advice and input on tax technical areas such as loan relationships, and chargeable gains
* For someone with good up-to-date tax technical knowledge of the UK corporation tax system, this is a great opportunity to join our Finance function
* You'll be providing your expertise for the corporation tax compliance process and tax forecasting process for a portfolio of banks, holding companies, and subsidiaries
* It's a great opportunity to develop your experience of banking tax within a strong, supportive team environment
We're looking for someone with a qualification in professional accounting or proven accounting abilities. You'll also have a tax managerial background in a UK professional firm or major organisation, along with significant and recent experience of corporation tax.
Additionally, you'll demonstrate:
* Detailed knowledge of the loan relationship tax rules
* Good working knowledge of IAS12 and IFRS9
* Experience of treasury tax and tax budgeting / forecasting helpful, but not essential
* Good communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with senior management